The Firefly MMO is a proposed video game based in the Firefly 'Verse. On December 8, 2006, the Multiverse Network announced that it had obtained the rights from Twentieth Century Fox to develop a massively multiplayer online game (MMOG) based on Firefly. On 3 September, 2008, as part of a press release announcing the development of an MMOG based on the Buffy the Vampire Slayer television series, Multiverse stated that work on the Firefly MMOG had been delayed as there were "some issues that need to be worked through," although some gaming news sites have expressed doubts, based on the lack of progress with the Firefly MMOG, about whether or not it will be completed or released.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|
The Firefly Online Game Wiki can be found here: http://fireflyonline.wikia.com/
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Multiverse and Fox Licensing & Merchandising to build online game based on popular Firefly television series. The Multiverse Network (December 8, 2006). Retrieved on 2006-12-07.
- ↑ Michael Zenke (September 4, 2008). Massively interview: Multiverse explains the Buffy MMO, Firefly's delay (in English) (HTML). Retrieved on 2008-10-07.
- ↑ Twentieth Century Fox Licensing & Merchandising and Multiverse announce "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" virtual world. The Multiverse Network (September 3, 2008). Retrieved on 2008-10-07.
- ↑ Firefly MMO delayed. Firefly MMO News (September 4, 2008). Retrieved on 2008-10-07.
- ↑ McElroy, Justin (September 3, 2008). Multiverse to reveal (and probably never release) Buffy MMO. Joystiq. Retrieved on 2008-10-07.